Friday, June 13, 2008

Homemade tortillas and chicken salad

I was gifted with some fresh homemade tortillas this morning, so I had a scrambled egg, cheese and ham breakfast burrito. It was tasty, but kept getting stuck. I'm not sure if it was the tortilla or the eggs or a combination of the two that made it hard to go down. It was yummy, though.

For lunch I keep snitching the kids' chicken nuggets. Looking at the nutrition info, if I had four of them, that's 10 g of fat and that's half my daily allowance for fat. So, I'll be having a chicken salad for lunch. I usually make it like so:

Chicken, usually canned, or leftover rotisserie. I chunk that up, add a little plain yogurt and/or lite mayo, several sliced, red grapes, and some pineapple tidbits (in their own juice.). Serve this over a bed of iceberg lettuce. It's very yummy.

No comments: